k-CRS-BERAHN® for Sewage Sludge
True to our philosophy »make products out of waste« and »real resource cycle«, we have recovered more than 99% plant available phosphor from the sewage sludge with our k-CRS-BERAHN technology. The phosphor is in the k-Carbon.
Advantages of our k-CRS-BERAHN technology at a glance:
- Thermal treatment of sewage sludge, hence,
- Elimination of pathogens and harmful substances
- Production of high-quality carbon with plant available phosphor for application in soil improvement
- Energetic utilization of the process gas in a CHP
- Utilization of the CHP waste heat for drying sewage sludge
Next to freeing phosphor into soil, the application of k-Carbon provides even more advantages:
- due to its pore structure adsorption and desorption properties, therefore,
- regulation of water supply in the soil
- stabilization of the soil
- avoidance of CO2 emissions
Did we arouse your interest? Do not hesitate to contact us!
Currently sewage sludge is burned in (co-) incineration plants or utilized in agriculture (as fertilizer) and landscaping. Disadvantage of burning is the destruction of the nutrients. Disadvantage of the agricultural utilization is the increasing concentration of especially heavy metals, harmful organic compounds (such as PAH), and pathogens in the soil. The terms »recovery« and »material utilization of sewage sludge« occur mainly when talking about »phosphor«. When burning sludge, there is both, a material utilization by removing phosphor out of the ash and an energy recovery. When using the sludge in agriculture or landscaping phosphor and other trace elements are used directly.